Sunday, February 17, 2013

BaRbIe WoRLd

Barbie world is exploring different situation I may have encountered in my life.  I am going back to my child hood and how I played with these dolls.  I am creating narratives that convey situations in my life. I am letting the viewer make his or her own conclusions to the narrative apparent. This started with a child playing with the dolls then an adult reconstructing the dolls.  I am using the lighting to my advantage and trying to create at time s uncomfortable images, in which I am constantly feeling.  I am trying to explore myself through the dolls.  With such conformed smiles I am finding ways to make the dolls feel almost like a reality show.  This is my reality I am portraying through dolls.


These are new images I have been working on since critique.  I have tried to make situations within the images as well as use the lighting to my advantage. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment